Links for January Project
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Tuesday, January 9, 2018
CAMACO QUILT GUILD MINUTES
DECEMBER 13th, 2017
The meeting was called to order by our president, Doreen Dever at 7:10 pm.
There were two guests. Kate G and Jane, a friend of Sharon's.
Our treasurer, Karen M was ill, so I gave her report. Karen reported a balance of $XXXX.
Name Badge: Six dollars was collected.
Charity: Betsy Y reported for Eleanor. We received a "thank you" from CM Animal Shelter for a total of 119 dog/cat beds for the year. They said they are "especially nice this time of year" because of the cold. We also received a "thank you" from CARA, for a total of 68 quilts and a "zoo" of critters (thanks to Carolyn). Betsy also reported there were two dog beds available for stuffing tonight and that if there are additional charity quilts tonight, she will see that Eleanor gets them. Please include your name and if the quilts was from one of our kits. She also reported that the Committee is looking into a new charity for 2018.
Photography: Karen reported there are "tons" of pictures to be picked up on the side table. PLEASE PICK UP!
Program: Diane D is concluding her chairmanship and asked that whoever follows her, to call for the information on the speaker already booked for 2018. (Doreen announced that she will chair this Committee).
Sunshine: Linda reported two cards were sent this month. One for Connie A, who had knee surgery and one to Eleanor, who's mother passed away.
Ways and Means: Sharon Cadwell will continue as Chair and had prepared beautiful, Red Bags" filled with goodies for chances and items on display, for the Silent Auction. They were well received and almost $300.00 was raised. (Thanks Sharon for all your work).
Refreshments: Barbara thanked everyone for bringing cookies to exchange and eat. As she is continuing to chair the Committee, she also announced the "suppliers" for the next meeting.
Media: Denise had no Media report, but announced that if there were any UFOs completed after the meeting tonight, to let her know and she will add them to the book. Prizes will be drawn in January, to conclude this Challenge of completing all our UFOs by year's end.
The question came up at the previous meeting about increasing our membership, presently 60. Since there was a lot of discussion and opinions, Doreen put it to a written vote. The choices were: (1) add five members, (2) keep membership at 60 or (3) since we have "snowbirds", allow them to attend 5 meetings and pay half the cost of dues and keep the full membership at 60. The results, by 31 votes, was to expand our membership to 65.
Doreen also announced Committees for next year: Sunshine, Bev (call or email any needs); Badge, Connie Anzelone, Joyce Heinemann and Joann; Ways and Means, Sharon Cadwell; Refreshments, Barbara and Diana; Program, Doreen, Judy, Diane, Eileen and Bernie and Media, Helen Ernst and Denise. There is no one for Photograghy, so if there are any volunteers, please see our new President, Helen Schlereth.
Sandy announced we will start "open sews" again in January, on the 3rd and 4th Wednesday. It is open to anyone, from 10am-4pm. If no one is there by noon, she's leaving unless you call and say you will be arriving after noon.
Doreen announced the Mancuso NJ Quilt Show is April 26th in Edison NJ. Also noted, the Wheaton Village Show is March 10th and 11th.
Bernie announced that the Pillow Case Challenge will again be held in September. She has a new challenge for us. For each 10 cases made, you will receive a coupon and one winner will be dawn each month. Bernie also informed us that Cindy Kerr (the founder of the Challenge) is battling cancer herself and her family has been through a lot and can use our prayers.
Diane D also announced that she will be teaching a class on the Double Wedding Ring at the First Baptist Church. The time is 9:30am to noon, the 1st and 3rd Wednesday, starting January 3rd. The cost is $5 and a can of food for the Church's Food Bank.
Barbara begged everyone to take the leftover cookies HOME!!
Our next meeting is January 10th at 7pm.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 pm. and followed by Show & Tell. Then a new version of the Night Before Christmas ( Right/Left ) was read to exchange our Mug Rugs and a lot of cookies were enjoyed by all.
Beverly T, Secretary
I'd like to thank everyone for putting up with me and my lack of computer skills the past two years and I wish you all, a Happy, Healthy New Year.
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
November 2017 Minutes
Meeting started: 6:55 p.m.
Treasurer’s report: xxxxx. The bus trip ended up only costing CAMACO $xxx and the costs of the speaker was $xxxx
Guests: One (1)
Thank you notes: We received thank you notes two (2) thank you notes from CARA and one (1) from the Animal Shelter. Great job everyone!!!
Since some members contacted Doreen and stated that they did not see the signup sheet for Committees, Doreen put a signup sheet for Committees on the sign-in table. If interested in being on a committee for 2018 please sign the sheet.
- Name Badge – collected $3.25
- Charity – They still have kits and batting for those who are in need to complete their charity quilts. We received two (2) thank you notes. One from CARA and one for the dog beds. Kitty will be shipping the fat quarters that we have collected for the Quilt Groups that have lost everything. We will also collect fat quarters at the December meeting.
- Photography – Photos from previous meetings are on the table please take them home
- Sunshine – Nothing to report.
- Ways & Means – Collected $xxx and Barbara W won the drawing for the November meeting. There will be a Chinese auction for December so if you have items to contribute please get them to Sharon C. There are always great baskets so don’t forget to bring extra money so you can buy your tickets
- Refreshments – At the December meeting we will be doing the cookie exchange again this year. If you would like to participate please bring in at least two dozen cookies. One dozen to share and one dozen for people to take some home.
- Media – Nothing new to report
- Programs – We will have our Mug Rug gift exchange at the December Meeting. If you would like to participate please make a mug rug and bring it in a brown bag to the December meeting. You can wrap it if you want and enclose a card so the person who receives yours will know who it is from, but please bring it in a brown bag so they all look alike and everyone can be surprised. December’s table runner will actually be a table topper. Directions are on the blog. Denise mentioned that the UFO challenge is still going and will be tallied up at the January meeting. Get working on those UFOs!
The new Officers for 2018 are;
Helen S. – President
Clare – Vice President
Veronica – Secretary
Helen R – Treasurer
Welcome to the new Officers!
Bernie spoke about the pillow case challenge for Ryan’s Cases for Smiles. The first drawing will be in February. Let’s make those pillow cases.
Doreen put off the vote on raising the number of members until the December meeting because she received some emails from current members with input. She felt it would be fair to give the opportunity to members to be in attendance to actually vote.
No new business.