November 2014 Minutes
Meeting started: November 12th, 2014 6:00pm
Attendance: 46 members
Guests: 4 guests
Treasurer’s report: $XXXXX
· Charity – Margareta thanked all the members of Camaco who have made charity projects to be donated throughout the year. There were 56 quilts donated to CASA this year.
· Program – Gail reminded us that the December meeting is our Christmas Holiday party, our pollyanna this year is a handmade potholder, wrap it, put a card in it so the recipient knows who made it, put it in a paper bag and bring to the meeting to be swapped!
· Sunshine – Flossy reported she sent out 3 cards to members. Joey reported that Grace R could use some sunshine, due to health issues she may not be able to attend our meetings. Diane D also had back surgery in October.
· Ways & Means – A fat quarter raffle was held. There will be a basket of goodies raffled at the December meeting so bring your $$$!
· Refreshments – Bernie reported the regular refreshment schedule will resume in January and she will notify who’s next by email or a phone call. December’s meeting we will be holding a cookie swap, bring in a dozen cookies to sample at the meeting and a dozen cookies to be shared with the guild, we’ll all get a bag to put a few cookies in to take home. Print your recipe out to share with the guild and set next to your cookies for other’s to take.
· Retreat – Doreen advised us the quilt retreat at the Continental Inn in Lancaster, PA last month was very successful. She reported if the guild is in agreement there will be another one next year Oct 22-25th, 2015, Fri, Sat and Sun at the Continental Inn again, there will be room for 48 quilters. The guild was in agreement. Doreen asked for the guild to allow her to use guild funds for the down payment, to be reimbursed when the payments are received from quilt retreat participants. A motion was made by Gail B to use the guilds funds for the down payment until we have receipts from the guilt retreat registration, it was seconded by Joey G.
Old Business: Helen reminded everyone at the last meeting a motion was made and seconded for the existing board members to remain for 2015. Although the committees are in need of help and new members, she suggested joining a committee, the more people the less work for all involved and it’s a great way to get to know other guild members. We have a great group of quilters who share their skills and knowledge to better our guild, join a committee you’ll be surprised at what you learn…about our members and quilting!!
The meeting commenced with an advocate for CASA speaking about how our quilts are making a difference in the young recipients lives. He expressed the love the children have for their very own quilt. CASA conveyed their gratitude for our generosity. We showcased all the quilts we worked on all year and were donated to CASA before handing them over. We also enjoyed a covered dish Thanksgiving celebration. We have so many great cooks and recipes in our guild, it was a delicious dinner with good fellowship.
Next meetings notes: December’s Christmas Holiday celebration, bring $$$ for basket raffle, potholder in a brown bag to swap, and two dozen cookies to sample and share, and a few copies of the recipe.