November 2017 Minutes
Meeting started: 6:55 p.m.
Treasurer’s report: xxxxx. The bus trip ended up only costing CAMACO $xxx and the costs of the speaker was $xxxx
Guests: One (1)
Thank you notes: We received thank you notes two (2) thank you notes from CARA and one (1) from the Animal Shelter. Great job everyone!!!
Since some members contacted Doreen and stated that they did not see the signup sheet for Committees, Doreen put a signup sheet for Committees on the sign-in table. If interested in being on a committee for 2018 please sign the sheet.
- Name Badge – collected $3.25
- Charity – They still have kits and batting for those who are in need to complete their charity quilts. We received two (2) thank you notes. One from CARA and one for the dog beds. Kitty will be shipping the fat quarters that we have collected for the Quilt Groups that have lost everything. We will also collect fat quarters at the December meeting.
- Photography – Photos from previous meetings are on the table please take them home
- Sunshine – Nothing to report.
- Ways & Means – Collected $xxx and Barbara W won the drawing for the November meeting. There will be a Chinese auction for December so if you have items to contribute please get them to Sharon C. There are always great baskets so don’t forget to bring extra money so you can buy your tickets
- Refreshments – At the December meeting we will be doing the cookie exchange again this year. If you would like to participate please bring in at least two dozen cookies. One dozen to share and one dozen for people to take some home.
- Media – Nothing new to report
- Programs – We will have our Mug Rug gift exchange at the December Meeting. If you would like to participate please make a mug rug and bring it in a brown bag to the December meeting. You can wrap it if you want and enclose a card so the person who receives yours will know who it is from, but please bring it in a brown bag so they all look alike and everyone can be surprised. December’s table runner will actually be a table topper. Directions are on the blog. Denise mentioned that the UFO challenge is still going and will be tallied up at the January meeting. Get working on those UFOs!
The new Officers for 2018 are;
Helen S. – President
Clare – Vice President
Veronica – Secretary
Helen R – Treasurer
Welcome to the new Officers!
Bernie spoke about the pillow case challenge for Ryan’s Cases for Smiles. The first drawing will be in February. Let’s make those pillow cases.
Doreen put off the vote on raising the number of members until the December meeting because she received some emails from current members with input. She felt it would be fair to give the opportunity to members to be in attendance to actually vote.
No new business.