June 2015 Minutes
Meeting started: 7:05pm Wednesday June 10th
Guests: Jean Dumphy, our guest speaker
Treasurer’s report: XXXXXXX
· Charity There’s a new sign up sheet when you turn in an item for charity, make sure you get a mark by your name so you will be entered in the drawing for some prizes at the end of the year. There will be a charity sew day at the Millman Center Tues June 23rd 1-4pm. See a note from Margareta at the end of the minutes below.
· Program The Christmas exchange this year will be a swap of 2 coordinating fat quarters or a sewing/quilting tool under $6.00. There will be specific directions for wrapping closer to the holiday.
· Ways & Means Joey advised they are collecting fabric and other sewing item donations for our sale in October.
· Refreshments Bernie will email the people responsible for refreshments in September over the summer.
· Retreat Balance of quilt retreat fees are due at September meeting. Also make sure you note who you are rooming with too.
Old business: Cold Spring Village Quilt Show will be June 27th & 28th, they are accepting quilts until the 20th.
New Business: Gail made a motion to secure a speaker/workshop teacher for next year’s program committee due to the fact they need to be scheduled so far in advance, Joey and Clare seconded the motion and the motion was favored by all in attendance.
Meeting notes: Jean Dumphy presented her lovely quilts some she designed and some made from other’s patterns.
Next meetings notes: Magazine challenge is due in September, bring to meeting in a paper bag.
A note from Margareta and the Charity Committee:
Thank you for donated fabric and Interest in our Charity program. At this time we do not need any more fabric for quilts, as we have enough "kits" and most of us want to use our own material.
Fabric is needed for the Dog/cat pillows.
On September 22 between 1:00 and 4:00, we will gather for the final time at the Millman Center to make dog/cat pillow covers. We will also discuss how we will make our presentation of quilts to CASA.
We are way short of last years donated quilts. So please see what you can do between now and our Thanksgiving meeting. If each one of us at CAMACO made one, yes (1) quilt we could spread a lot of happiness.
Stay well, happy and sewing....Margareta