May 2014 Minutes
Meeting started: May 14th, 2014 7:03pm at Green Creek Fire Hall.**
Guests: Carol Moore from Cape May and Terry Kramzar, our lecturer for the evening.
Treasurer’s report: XXXXXX
· Charity – Margareta reported that the dog beds need to be made of heavy material or doubled thinner material because the dogs are ripping them open and making a mess! The sew day in May was spent using our heavier fabrics into sturdier dog bed covers. The bags will be available at the meetings for everyone to use for their scraps. Next sew day is scheduled for June 24th at 1:00pm at the Millman Center.
· Program – Gail reminded everyone that the rectangle challenge is due in June, please bring in in a brown bag, have your named on the back and your quilt title pinned to the front. There are some great prizes to win!
· Ways & Means – Joey reminded us that they will be holding a yard sale of gently used books and quilting supplies at the June meeting, so bring some cash!!
· Refreshments - Bernie will email everyone for June’s meeting refreshment assignments, her list was at the Millman Center and not available at the meeting.
· Retreat - $75.00 deposit is due for retreat at June meeting, balance is due at Sept meeting. Doreen and Kathy are planning a reception Thursday night for early arrivals to retreat.
Our meeting was held at the Green Creek Fire Hall due to an accident at the Millman Center early Weds morning thanks to the quick work of our members, especially Helen who was able to secure the fire hall for us. Thank you Green Creek Fire Hall for accommodating us once again on short notice!
We had a very interesting lecture on how http://terrykramzar.com gets her inspiration from adventures in nature. She shared a slide show of her artist in residency positions at the Grand Canyon National Park and Everglades National Park, and followed it up with a beautiful trunk show highlighting the quilts that were inspired by her life experiences. On Thursday she taught a workshop using her quilt as you go technique. We are so fortunate to have had such a great lecture and workshop available to us, thank you Terry for some great inspiration! Gail, Clare and the rest of the program committee thank you for organizing such a nice meeting and workshop!
There was no show n tell due to a lack of time after our presentation.
**The Millman Center contacted us to let us know the Millman is structurally sound and available for use. Our meetings will continue to be held at the Millman as usual.
Next meetings notes: Rectangle Challenge is due, see above for directions on bringing your project to the meeting. Bring $cash$ for Ways & Means Committee’s yard sale!