September 2014 Minutes
Meeting started: 7:00
Treasurer’s report: $XXXX
New Business: Elections are coming up in November, anyone interested in running may contact a board member, so a nominating committee can be formed. The current board is willing to serve for a second year if the guild is in agreement.
Also, the possibility of changing the term of service for the governing board to two years from one year was brought up, this will require changing the bi-laws and will have to be voted on by the guild.
The paper products for the guild will be purchased by the guild, in previous years the paper products were donated by Shirley H. and other guild members for special events.
Old Business: No old business was discussed.
· Charity Margareta P. advised there’s a charity sew day at the Millman Center September 23 at 1:00pm. There are dog bed covers made of heavy material for everyone to use for their scraps, the dogs are ripping and tearing the thinner fabric covers and ruining the pillows, so if you’re making a bed for a dog, take one of the covers the guild has available at the meetings or use thick/heavy fabrics.
· Program Gail B. reviewed the meeting schedule for the remainder of the year, October’s meeting is all about self portrait quilts, November is our covered dish dinner and we’re presenting our charity quilts to the organizations who benefit, December is our holiday celebration, make 1 potholder for our potholder exchange and everyone bring a snack to share.
· Ways & Means Bring a fall themed fat quart for a drawing in October. Helen E. won the nice gift basket that was raffled off at our meeting, it contained a gift certificate to Joanns and a few other gifts. Congrats Helen!
· Refreshments Bernie S. advised who is responsible for refreshments for the October meeting, everyone responsible was notified at the meeting or by an email. Bernie will be handling the lists for our covered dish dinner in November.
· Retreat Doreen D. collected the balance of the retreat fee and distributed more info on the fun ahead!!
Gail B. presented a cute pumpkin project from All People Quilt, Silly Pumpkin Pincushions http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/holiday-quilts/halloween/silly-pumpkin-pincushions . The UFO’s and show & tell were beautiful and inspiring as usual!
Next meetings notes: Bring a fall color fat quarter for a fat quarter raffle or buy a ticket for the drawing at the meeting.