January 2014 Minutes
Meeting started: 7:04pm
Guests: Karen from CASA accepted 29 quilts made by our members for distribution to children in the CASA program.
Treasurer’s report: $XXXX
Thank you: Helen presented Donna, outgoing President and Bev, outgoing Treasurer a thank you gift for their service and dedication to our guild.
· Name Badge: Sign in book will be by the door, please sign in and wear a name badge.
· Charity: Inge reported there will be a workshop Monday February 10th 1pm-4pm at Millman Center, bring cutting tools.
· Photography: Danielle and Eileen explained they're trying something new for Show & Tell, everyone will line up on one side of the room, it will make for better and easier picture taking.
· Program: Gail reported there will be a committee meeting at Diane D's Wednesday Jan 22nd, 6:30pm. Everyone is welcome to attend and bring your great ideas for the coming year.
· Sunshine: Please email Flossie with information on anyone needing a lil pick me up…her address is in the member list. Any news will be put on the blog also.
· Ways & Means: Joey advised they're going to try getting some new exciting door prizes for our drawings and going to try some new fun ideas at meetings. Bring a red fat quarter to next month’s meeting!
· Refreshments: Chairman Bernie S couldn’t be at the meeting but sent in a letter for Doreen to read about our new procedures for refreshments and clean up committee. We're going by alphabetical order and everyone will be assigned a meeting during the year to bring in a beverage or a finger food to share, those people will be asked to arrive 15 mins early to set up refreshments and stay until refreshments are cleaned up for their assigned meeting. The schedule will be on the blog and available at the meetings.
Bus Trips: Doreen announced there will be no bus trips this year, it's too close to the NJ Quilt Show in
Somerset to set up a bus trip and fill the bus this year.
Liability Insurance: Helen asked our insurance carrier about reducing our insurance limits, but it will only save $15-$20 a year, they recommend it not be lowered so it was decided to keep it at $1,000,000.
Helen announced there will be a Guild sew together day at Green Creek Fire Hall on
Sunday March 2nd, time to be announced on the blog and at the February meeting. We can work on
getting caught up on our star BOM and assemble your quilt!
Denise introduced the Camaco Quilt Guild Blog. The address is camacoquiltguild.blogspot.com this will
be a place for the members to get info on upcoming events and for the public to get to know a little
Helen and Denise showed a bursting Heart project that they made for
Valentine's Day. The link to the tutorial is on the blog under January meeting information.
For next month’s meeting:
Bring a self addressed stamped envelope, a UFO you want to finish this year and a sewing
tip to share.
Ways & Means is doing a Red Fat Quarter Swap too, so bring a fat quarter!