March 2014 Minutes
Meeting started: 7:00pm Wednesday March 12, 2014
Treasurer’s report: XXXXXX
· Charity - Margareta spoke to DYFS and they would love to have totes to give to the children they come in contact with. We will also be making quilts for CASA children 0-18 yrs old, 3yr olds at Headstart for rest time, layette items for Christ Child Society in pink, blue or white. Also pillowcases for children to be shared with the DAV and any other organization that may have a use for them. There is donated fabric to be utilized for making some of the items above. Members may pick one or more than one organization to contribute to. There is still a need for the cat and dog beds made from our scraps. See Sonja for info on the Christ Child Society donations.
· Program - Sign up for our May 14th Workshop with Terry Kramzar is open. See Bev to sign up. Payment is due by the April meeting. Supply list for the class will be emailed out after sign ups are complete. Info on Terry and her class supply list is available on our blog and her website. Terrykramzar.com or camacoquiltguild.blogspot.com
· Sunshine – Flossie thanked everyone for the cards she received after her heart catheterization.
· Ways & Means – Joey reported that W&M committee met and had some good ideas for future fundraising at our meetings. They ask that you bring any unwanted gently used quilting books or quilting tools that you no longer want to the April meeting for a future sale at one of our meetings. There will be a great basket of items to be raffled off at our April meeting you won’t want to miss out on.
· Refreshments – Bernie advised she would contact the people who are next on the list for refreshment duty.
· Retreat – Doreen advised due to Blue Lake Quilt Retreat (Burkholder’s) being booked until 2015 that other plans have been made for a quilt retreat in Lancaster PA for October 23rd-27th 2014 at the Continental. We will be sharing the weekend with Bernie’s sister Bal’s quilt guild. The details aren’t all worked out but preliminary details are 3 breakfast, 1 dinner, hotel room, teacher, and roomy sewing space will be offered for a very reasonable rate. Payment will be due by September. This retreat is open to friends and family of Camaco too. More details will be available at April’s meeting. There is a list to put your name on if interested, see Doreen.
We all enjoyed a great demo on free motion quilting and instructions on small containers, pouches and microwave potato bags while enjoying our delicious refreshments and friendship.
Next meetings notes: Bring gently used quilting books and quilting supplies for a future fundraiser.