June 2014 Minutes
Meeting started: 7:05pm Wednesday June 11, 2014
Guests: Rosalie G from Christ Child Society
Treasurer’s report: XXXX
· Name Badge Joyce reported she collected $1 in name tag fines.
· Charity Next sew day at the Millman Center is Tuesday June 24th at 1:00 pm, bring your sewing machine and sewing supplies.
· Ways & Means Joey advised at the September meeting there will be a basket raffle.
· Refreshments Bernie will email the next members on the list in August for the refreshment assignments for September.
· Retreat Doreen reminded everyone the $75.00 deposit is due, it can be mailed to her over the summer if you didn’t register at the meeting, the balance is due at the September meeting. There will be a meet and greet on Thursday night at the retreat, with some fun activities planned.
Old business: No old business was discussed.
New Business: No new business was discussed.
Rosalie G from the Christ Child Society spoke to us about the great work they do in the county. If you would like to knit or crochet a sweater, hat, booties or blanket for one of their layettes they will supply yarn call Rosalie G at (see your minutes emailed to you). Christ Child Society phone number is 609-602-7682. They will accept handmade quilts for children 2-3 years old enrolled in Head Start. Sonia is collecting items for Christ Child Society at the meetings.
Our rectangle challenge projects were all beautiful and creative. First prize was won by Gerri P, second was Eileen I. and third was won by Elena H. Congratulations ladies! Everyone’s work was worthy of a prize. The fat quarter bundle from Timeless Treasures was won by Sandy W, lucky Sandy!
Ways and Means did a great job with the yard sale. There were a lot of items for sale and there were many happy customers getting bargains!
Announcement: South Shore Stitchers is holding a Yard Sale July 14th Upper Township Community Center 1790 Route 50, Tuckahoe . Shopping starts at 5:00pm.
Next meetings notes: Bring a project to work on for July and August, no formal meeting will be held.