December 2014 Minutes
Meeting started: 7:00pm
Treasurer’s report: XXXXX
Thank you: CASA put a nice article in the Atlantic City Press about our donations for them.
· Charity Margareta reminded everyone that there are premade pillowcases for the dog beds, they will be available at the meetings. The DAV used the pillow cases for their Christmas wrap again this year the kids said it was their favorite part of their presents! Great job Camaco ladies!
· Program Gail and her committee have planned a snowman themed program for January’s meeting. Geri P will demo her snowman wall hanging. If you have a snowman quilt you’d like to share bring it to the meeting. The committee is also planning a few speakers and workshops for 2015. There is a workshop planned for February 21st at the West Cape May Borough Hall, there will be more info on that at the next meeting.
· Sunshine Helen reported that Lois C could use some sunshine after an accident and has decided to not keep her membership with Camaco. Diane D is still recovering from back surgery. Flossie S could also use some sunshine due to an infection she’s fighting.
· Ways & Means A raffle was held for 2 $25.00 gift certificates, Geri P and Joey G were the lucky winners.
· Refreshments Bernie advised she will be in touch with the people responsible for refreshments for the January meeting.
· Retreat Doreen advised she was mailing in the down payment to Continental for the retreat in October
New Business: Helen advised the liability insurance for Camaco is due and will be renewed in January. Also the rental agreement for the Millman Center is due to be renewed for 2015, she will be handling it. Membership dues are due in January they are $30 and are due by the end of January. In February membership will be opened for new members if we have not met our 60 member limit.
Meeting notes: Doreen demonstrated a quick table runner, Danielle shared a quick Christmas ornament and Denise shared a pre cut honeycomb coaster for wine glasses. All are great gift ideas for the holidays. We exchanged pot holders, had our cookie exchange and had a nice bag of cookies to take home.
Next Meeting notes: Bring any snowman projects you would like to show and share with the guild. $30 membership dues.