CAMACO QUILT GUILD MINUTES
JANUARY 11th, 2017
The meeting was called to order by our president, Doreen.
There was one guest, Joanne.
Name Badge: Eileen reminded us to sign the sign-in book
Charity: Eleanor was not present. Doreen announced that the new committee had not met yet, but hopefully, a new project will be announced at our next meeting.
Photography: Karen has volunteered to be our photographer.
Program: Instead of a "block of the month", we are going to do a "table runner of the month" using our scraps. For February, it will be a Valentine theme. Mary Lou has the directions or you can access them on our website, CAMACOQUILTGUILDPUBLIC. March's meeting is a St. Patty's Day runner. Bring (75) 2 1/2" squares, green or green print for trading. May 10th's meeting, will be a speaker, Jane Hamilton. Her workshop, Simple Steps to Art Quilting, will be held on the 11th. Our September's meeting will be the 13th and Michelle Hiatt will be our speaker. Her workshop on the 14th, will be Finley's Fence, which can be viewed on her website, sewonthego.net.
Sunshine: Doreen reported that Flossie has been ill, but is feeling better. Doreen sent her a card from the Guild.
Refreshments: Barbara thanked everyone for bringing refreshments and announced those responsible for February's treats.
Social Media: No report. (If you forget our web address, just type in CAMACO QUILT GUILD and you will find us).
- I announced a correction to the December's minutes. "Open Sew" for January will be the 17th, not the 19th as recorded. (February's open sews are the 7th and 21st).
- Dues will be collected by Karen and her assistants after the meeting is adjourned. (Dues are due by the 31st. If you have not paid by then, please let Karen know your intentions.
- Doreen announced that pictures from December's meeting were on the side table.
- Doreen announced she will have to "resign" as chairman of October's Lancaster Retreat for personal reasons. She announced if someone else was willing to step up, to call her. If not, we have until Friday to get our deposit back. She is willing to chair the Retreat in 2018.
- The Pillow Case Race date has been set for 2017. It's September 17th, same place, same format. However, new this year, our Guild will give a prize for any member who makes 100 pillow cases prior to the Race. Pillow case kits are available at each meeting.
- South Shore Stitchers have invited us on their bus trip to the Lancaster Quilt Show, April 1st. The bus will pick up at KMart, Rio Grande at 7am, returning at 9:15pm. Dinner will be at Cracker Barrel and the cost for the trip is $38. It includes the bus, driver tip and the entrance fee for the Show. Send checks to South Shore Stitchers. (Full information is posted on our website).
- Doreen also said she would like to have a "day retreat" here. It would include lunch, a speaker/instructor and of course, GAMES!
- Doreen also asked if we were interested in having our own bus trip? She asked us to think about it and we will discuss it at the next meeting.
- Doreen also "picked our brain" on another topic. Several people have expressed an interest in moving our regular meetings from night time to day time. She stated that we do not have time to teach or learn during our present two hour meetings and that night driving and weather is prohibitive for some. She asked that we all just think about it and we will discuss it further at our next meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:50pm.
Our next meeting is February 8th, at 7 pm.
We played QUILTO after paying our dues.