April 2015 Minutes
Meeting started: 7:00pm
Guests: Theresa Fusco, our speaker
Treasurer’s report: $XXXXX
· Charity Kits were made available for members to use for the snowball quilts we will be donating to CASA. Most kits are 50 6 inch squares of fabric that you will need to add 220 2 inch squares, sashing and/or borders and backing to complete the quilts. There were a limited amount of the kits that included the 2 inch squares. There is some backing fabric available also. There are directions for how to make the blocks on the page Charity Projects 2015. Don’t forget to add the date you turned in your donation by your name on their list when you turn in your donations so you get your chance to win some fun prizes at the end of the year.
|Snowball Charity Quilt Sample|
· Program Don’t forget the magazine challenge is due in September. Directions are available on the blog under the page Magazine Challenge 2015, or ask Denise and Helen for details. There will be a guest speaker at our June meeting and a workshop the following day. Diane D’s cousin is going to teach the June 11th workshop. You can make a table runner , a lap quilt, wall or baby quilt. The "Beach Balls in The Sand" quilt was designed especially for us and is a fun way to learn how to do set in circles. All for just $15. Please pay for the workshop at the May meeting. There are still spaces available.
· Ways & Means Joey advised they are still collecting yardage for a fabric sale in the fall. Please mark your fabric with the size and give to a ways and means committee member. They prefer from ½ yard or bigger, but will take fat quarters too.
· Refreshments Bernie advised she will contact the people responsible for refreshments at a later date.
· Retreat The $75.00 deposit for the October retreat is due at the May meeting, please arrive a few minutes early to pay and bring the completed form Doreen distributed when you signed up.
New Business: We are lucky to have guest speakers at our next two meetings, we will have show n tell but, we are limiting it to one item per member. At May’s meeting we will do it at the end of our meeting, when our speaker Jessica Sketulty of Quilty Habit is done with her presentation on Modern Quilting.
Next meetings notes: Jessica Sketulty of Quilty Habit is done is speaking on Modern Quilting.
April’s meeting notes: Theresa Fusco presented her beautiful quilts she has made throughout her life, there were contemporary, art and traditional quilts along with wall hangings and some wearable items. She shared some fun and inspiring moments from her life.