October 2015 Minutes
Meeting started: 7:00pm October 14, 2015
Treasurer’s report: $ XXXXX
- Charity Margareta reminded us that the parade of quilts donated to charity is next month. Pam also said that the last chance to donate pillow cases is November, they will be turned over for the wrapping of presents for the DAV Christmas party soon.
- Program Gail is looking ahead to December’s meeting it is our Christmas Party, please bring a $6.00 sewing gadget or two matching fat quarters to swap.
- Sunshine Janet Blackmore has received visits from a few members and reported to be doing better.
- Ways & Means Joey thanked Pam and other members for organizing the yard sale of donated items from guild members. The yard sale was a great success! It was so organized and orderly. Great job to all who lent a helping hand.
- Refreshments Bernie advised there is a sign up sheet for next months Thanksgiving Potluck dinner. As of today Oct 31st, we are still in need of 2 entree dishes, 2 vegetable side dishes and 2 people for clean up duty. The meeting will start at 6:00pm. Bernie also reminded us we will do the cookie swap again for our December meeting, please bring a dozen cookies to taste that night and a dozen cookies for members to have a little assortment of cookies to bring home. Please type up your recipe to share.
There was a question about the Millman Center being open on our regular meeting night because it’s Veteran’s Day, Helen checked with the center and they will be open on November 11th for our meeting.
November’s meeting will start at 6:00 pm, remind your friends without internet!!
Next meetings notes:
We will be voting for the guild’s 2016 governing board, if you would like to nominate someone or yourself you can email Doreen with that information.
Don’t forget a dish to share, your charity quilt or pillow cases.
Quilt Retreat Attendees: Please bring your Christmas Carol Challenge quilt to show at the meeting too!